Or login with your social media account.
You must be at least 18 years old to view this content.Please confirm your age.
Price Drop Notifications
What is gesso?
Gesso, pronounced ‘jesso‘, was traditionally used to prepare or prime a surface so Oil paint would adhere to it.
- Gesso is the same as a primer, as in ‘pre-primed canvas’.
- It is made from a combination of paint pigment, chalk and binder.
- Traditional Oil ‘glue gesso’ was made with an animal glue binder, usually rabbit-skin glue, chalk, and white pigment, usually Titanium white.
- Gesso is usually white or off-white and is used after you have sealed the raw canvas with a coat of size .
Alpha Gesso Acrylic Medium
- For priming painting surfaces to maximize coverage and adhesion.
- Suitable to use under acrylics and oil colors to enhance preservability.
- May be diluted up to 20-30% water.
- Applying three thin layers in recommended, completely drying between layers.
- Is the ideal base for oil and acrylic paints
- Can be applied on canvas, paper and wood
- Fast drying and opaque
- Provides non-porous, non-flaking stretchable ground for paints
- 250ml / Unit
- Product Barcode 8804345720010
Product price is per unit